Obtaining a Longer and Better Quality of Life Following a Diagnosis
Provided that mesothelioma is caught early and adequately treated, it is possible to survive for many years. Only a few decades ago, however, surviving a diagnosis for an extended period of time was believed to not be a possibility.
Fortunately, developments in medical technology have resulted in increased life expectancies among people diagnosed with mesothelioma.
Advancing technology can also help mesothelioma victims manage conditions associated with the disease in a way that was previously thought to be impossible.
After retaining the assistance of an experienced mesothelioma lawyer, we will work in the best manner possible to make sure that you receive adequate treatment.
Treatment Options for Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma is frequently hard to diagnose when symptoms first begin to appear. This frequently results in the disease progressing rapidly.
While there are a number of treatment options when the disease is diagnosed early, treatment can be helpful at any stage and many patients discover that it has the potential to greatly increase their life expectancy.
Some of the treatment options that are available for mesothelioma victims include:
- Surgery. Based on a person's age, medical condition, and the stage of cancer, surgery can be a recommended option to remove cancerous masses around a person's vital organs. Because these surgeries are more complex, however, not all medical professionals are willing to perform them. Consequently, surgeries to remove cancerous areas in a person's body are often particularly expensive.
- Radiation. While radiation has not been successful at increasing the life of every patient, it is capable of reaching these results in many individuals. Deciding on the correct amount of radiation to address cancerous tissues can be challenging, however, which is why it often becomes critical to obtain the assistance of an experienced medical professional.
- Drug therapy and chemotherapy. One of the most common ways to treat mesothelioma is chemotherapy. Medications have been shown to be particularly effective at increasing the life expectancy of individuals diagnosed with mesothelioma.
- Multi-modal therapy. This procedure involves a combination of surgical removal of cancerous tissues, chemotherapy, and radiation. Many people discover that this procedure has the best results provided that a patient is able to tolerate the aggressive nature of treatment.
- Pain management. Mesothelioma is a particularly painful condition, especially when the disease advances to its later stages. For many mesothelioma patients, pain management plays a particularly important role. As a result, most damages in mesothelioma lawsuits involve compensation for pain management.
Because each of these treatments options can be particularly expensive, it is critical that mesothelioma victims have the option to pursue compensation from the parties responsible for the exposure.
Speak with an Experienced Attorney
The costs associated with treating mesothelioma are often very expensive. Fortunately, at the Throneberry Law Group, we have substantial experience in determining the source of asbestos exposure and are prepared to create the strongest defense possible for mesothelioma victims.