The first step to take after a mesothelioma diagnosis is to talk to the doctor about treatment options. There is still no cure for mesothelioma, but several treatment options exist. Mesothelioma treatment options include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, targeted therapy, and immunotherapy. Other treatment options are being tested in clinical trials. After discussing treatment options, the next step should be speaking to a qualified mesothelioma lawyer. Most mesothelioma victims and their families are eligible for compensation.
Before starting the process of seeking compensation, most people want to know how much their mesothelioma case is worth. If you are considering seeking compensation after you or your loved one got a mesothelioma diagnosis, you may wonder, "How much is a mesothelioma case worth in 2023?" So, how much is a mesothelioma case worth in 2023? There is no average amount of money mesothelioma victims and their families can expect to recover as compensation in 2023. Every case's value is different. The amount of money that can be recovered in a mesothelioma case depends on several factors. That said, a mesothelioma case can be worth millions.
A qualified mesothelioma lawyer can assess the specifics of your case and determine what you can expect to recover in your case. But even an attorney cannot guarantee that you will recover a certain amount. However, an experienced attorney can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Compensation Avenues for Mesothelioma Victims and Their Families
If you plan to seek mesothelioma compensation, you are likely considering suing the negligent party in court. However, a trial verdict is only one of the many ways you can recover mesothelioma compensation. Some other ways you can recover mesothelioma compensation include;
- Asbestos trust funds
- Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) benefit programs
You should note that these options may not be mutually exclusive. For example, you may be able to seek compensation from an asbestos trust fund and still file a lawsuit in court. Claimants should consult an experienced mesothelioma lawyer who can help them explore their options.
Factors That Affect the Value of a Mesothelioma Case
Different factors can affect the value of a mesothelioma case. The following are some of the factors that can affect how much a claimant recovers in a mesothelioma case;
- Asbestos exposure – A claimant may recover more money if they were regularly exposed to asbestos fibers. For instance, suppose you worked in a company for 20 years and handled asbestos products throughout those 20 years. In such a case, there is little doubt about how, when, and where you were exposed to asbestos.
- Strength of evidence – The stronger your evidence, the more you can expect to recover. For this reason, it is vital to work with a qualified mesothelioma lawyer.
- Economic losses – A mesothelioma case value is determined by how mesothelioma impacts finances. For example, a mesothelioma case value is determined by the amount of money spent on treatment and whether the victim and their family can continue working.
- Age – People diagnosed with mesothelioma at the age of 64 and below may receive a larger payout because they will likely have more long-term expenses and family members to support.
Arizona Mesothelioma Lawyers
If you or a loved one were diagnosed with mesothelioma, contact our office to speak to one of our experienced Arizona mesothelioma attorneys about your situation. Our office can help investigate your case and determine if compensation can be sought from negligent parties to help pay for your medical treatment.